Aristea teaches and welcomes PhD supervision of research projects examining all aspects of digital culture and activism, big data & society, feminist STS, digital tools for health and wellbeing, issues of gender and sexuality in relation to media, technology and culture, as well as projects with innovative methodological approaches.
Indicative PhD, Masters and Undergraduate projects supervised:
- Mental health and Reality TV.
- National identity, gender and use of YouTube in South Korean.
- Algorithmic bias, gender and health and social care
- The role of social media influencers in the promotion of sports and wellbeing
- Representation of gender in Disney films
- Audience perceptions of privacy and data collection on Facebook
- Understandings of bisexuality in social media
- Feminist activism and Twitter: #Metoo hashtag
- Representation of queer characters in Call the Midwife.
- Gender in reality TV: The case of Only Way is Essex